[sdiy] Cool panel mount midi socket sources in the US

David Brown davebr at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 26 21:45:33 CEST 2007

Paul S. used the black connectors on the MOTM-650.  I think I like the nickel plated better.  They are expensive.  The mounting details may be found in several of my FrontPanelExpress files.  There is a small anti-rotation notch.  I have this in my design file, but I have also just filed it into the metal by hand.  It's not very big.

One thing to watch for is the connector to connector spacing.  The rear panel nuts have to have room to rotate.  One of my panels is close enough that you have to have one nut in position so the other has room to turn.

Dave