[sdiy] Moog Rogue dissasembly

Dave Manley dlmanley at sonic.net
Mon Sep 24 08:26:04 CEST 2007

One technique I've seen in an old Micromoog Moog service manual is to
take a length of heavy insulated wire and use it as a knob puller.  Pass
the wire under the knob and holding one end of the wire in each hand,
with your thumbs under the wire and close to the knob, push up.  There's
actually a picture in the service manual. It looks like the knob might
go flying if you do it right.

You might try this with a loop of wire, so that there's a wire going on
both sides of the shaft.

I've never tried it, so have no idea if it works any better than just
pulling on the knob.

-Dave