[sdiy] studio amp kits? chipamp

Samppa Tolvanen samppa.tolvanen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:14:41 CEST 2007

Studio monitors on AH and now Hi-Fi on SDIY.. aaarhg ;)

On 9/21/07, peter edwards <synth at casperelectronics.com> wrote:

> I have a big heavy
> British Fidelity amp that I've been using for a while but it has
> started humming lately....and it's SOOOO heavy! I've been wanting to
> get something smaller for a while.

There's a reason for it being so heavy.. Do You carry it around a lot?
:D Maybe recapping would do wonders here.

Even DIYing (properly) You need a rather heavy torroid transformer and
quite heavy heatsinks, metal case ect.

For Pauls comment: Remember the sensivity of the speaker comes to play
and perceived loudness doubles (that's only 3dB) when the driving
power is doubled..

I can't see nothing wrong with the idea of "over powered" amplifier,
for normal listening levels it's not driven "to the edge" and THD+N is
kept down?

Samppa