[sdiy] Function Generator ICs

Joe Grisso jgrisso at det3.net
Thu Sep 20 20:53:42 CEST 2007

> Scott,
>
> Could you recommend some hardware and software for those of us who would
> like to get a taste of FPGA's for music applications?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

I figured I'd chime in here too...

     On the FPGA-Synth list a bunch of folks have been using the
Xilinx Spartan-3E starter kit, which runs about US$150. Xilinx has a
downloadable toolchain that includes everything you need to get
started, and there were some really awesome links recently on the
FPGA-Synth list on how to get started working with FPGAs. I've also
started a VHDL reference and code archive on my research site here:

http://labs.det3.net/

Enjoy!

--
Joe Grisso