[sdiy] pt2399/rebote2.5 delay question

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Thu Sep 13 12:15:55 CEST 2007

Hi again,

I looked through one of my op-amp books (Jung : Op Amp Applications
Handbook) and discovered that the type of low pass filter is a "multiple
feedback" one. What followed was a huge pile of Greek letters and Arabic
formulas that didn't do me a lot of good (I'm a bit mathematically
dyslexic...). But at least I know what it's called now ;-)

Tom Bugs suggested:

> I think that it may be 1/(pi x R x C)
> & I reckon you need to look most at the RC networks around the Delay Out label at the base of the Rebote2.5 schem (so probably you mainly want to look around pins 13/14) --- 12k / 10n gives me 3kHz if I'm on the right track.. Halving 12k to 6k (just for calculation's sake) would raise that to 6kHz

I'll try it, but it doesn't seem to fit with my understanding of the
multiple feedback construction where pairs of resistor and cap values
are changed together (this according to Lancaster's Active Filter
Cookbook, which does a great job of explaining in simple terms how to
adjust every kind of active filter *except* a multiple feedback low pass!).

I wonder, is there any kind of software for calculating component values
in common circuits like this? Preferably something free or an online
Java applet or something.

Thanks and best,
derek

--