[sdiy] Bench amp & speakers suggestions
mcbinc at panix.com
Wed Sep 5 04:36:34 CEST 2007
I'm thinking about selecting an amp/speaker combination for use
on the bench rather than going live and dangerously through my
normal mixer/amp/speaker setup. Nothing audiophile grade, I
just want something that meets a few specific requirements:
- Wide dynamic range. Possibly instrument level or lower
at the input to hotter than +4 pro w/ headroom.
- Clamping protection for over-hot signals. Possibly adjustable.
- Low pass filter for unintended ultrasonics (or worse).
- Small near-field speakers. Clean, uncolored, "technical" sound.
- Single or dual channel.
- Headphone output as well.
More information about the Synth-diy