Sv: Re: [sdiy] digital control of CV

Daniel Araya daniel.araya at sr.se
Tue Sep 4 15:24:14 CEST 2007

Seb's 4xD board is the first major SMD projekt I tried since school 15 years ago and it went very well!
Just follow his tutorial to get the hang of it. I actually began to like SMD better than through-hole, I wish he made the whole project in SMD!
The 4xD has the through hole resistors on end standing up so it is actually possible to use SMD resistors almost everywhere on that board.

/daniel

Samppa Tolvanen wrote:

> Pin _centers_ are 0.5mm apart :D

Well this is certainly possible with the right technique.  0.65mm pitch
is quite easy so I wouldn't imagine 0.5mm is much harder.

I wrote a tutorial here:
http://burnit.co.uk/sdiy/index.php?page=4xd&subpage=soldering
(pic of soldered 0.65mm pitch IC at the bottom of the page)

Pin for pin it actually works out quicker than soldering thru-hole once
you get the technique down.  Plenty of flux is the key!

Seb