[sdiy] digital control of CV

Samppa Tolvanen samppa.tolvanen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 01:18:21 CEST 2007

On 9/3/07, jure zitnik <kokoon at gmail.com> wrote:
> sampa - (yep, it's me ;) - why do you say s&h muxes are obsolete?
> what's a "patch mode"? i'm not really interested in having encoders in
> the system, i've been looking into 360deg potentiometers though...

Well,

Using MB64 application (it's the one with analog inputs eg. pots) with
patch mode enabled (+AOUT and SHX8 modules) You'll have 128 patches
(sort of "presets") for settings and 64 CV outs.

The s&h mux used in SHX8 is NJU7304D which is discontinued and hard to
find. :( Any cheap alternative eats up mucho board estate (mux + s&h
caps + buffer opamps) and other monolith multichannel s&h amps are
pretty expensive.

Samppa