Fwd: [sdiy] Sequencer tuning update. Good & bad news.

Rykhaard D.A.M.I.A.N. rykhaard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 03:37:48 CET 2006

On 1/7/06, Ken Stone <sasami at hotkey.net.au> wrote:

> Is your ocillator tracking correctly? Try reading the sep voltages with a
> multimeter.
>
> Ken

That's been a minor question, that I've had.  When I'd built the VCO4D, I
got it tuned to under 0.25% accuracy across 5 octaves.  (October).  I
haven't checked it's tuning, ever since - assuming it would stay the same.
:-/
On that thought though - I can't figure out how it, could affect tunings
within the rotary switch - when each of the 4 rotaries, have each of their
ends' tuned.

I.E.

11 resistors around rotary:

R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R
1...............................11

Checking tuning on resistors 1 and 11 on each rotary, I tuned the trimmer
for each step, so that there was no beating at all, compared to a reference
frequency.  (Pocket PC, playing Piano software.)
But 3 to 5 resistors within those rotary strings, are out a few cents.

(Major head scratching)

And I do all tuning / resistor measurements / etc., with my Fluke 83. :)
Not as many character a display as I wish (7 or 8 character, I'd love to
have), but ...... I can't afford the professional meters from Agilent (HP)
and Fluke. :(

I don't have a MIDI keyboard hooked up to my modular at the moment, as both
my PCs are down here in the livingroom.  (I use the USB from one of them, to
run my Oxygen 8, keyboard - which I plug in to my MPU-101.)

--
Take care,
Warmth and Peace,

http://deathlehem.bravehost.com/damian.html - D.A.M.I.A.N.;s webpage - Jan.