[sdiy] Backlight replacement

Altitude altitude at optrand.com
Wed Jan 4 16:38:57 CET 2006

I have purchased a replacement EL from Telesis (they make custom sizes) and
it went pretty smooth, I'm sure there is someone out your ways that does the
same thing.  One tip though, if you can avoid it, DO NOT REMOVE THE LCD from
its PCB. I fixed a rack synth with a burned out backlight and  made that
mistake, spent hours trying to line up the contacts (the rubber ones) with
the display.  The backlight was glued (small dab) to the PCB and I could
have easily just pried it off with a plastic knife without taking the LCD
housing off and just slid it out.

Cheers
Alt

"Setting the RESONANCE to high level might prove interesting" - Roland
SH-101 Manual

www.no-ho.com
www.teknatural.com

  _____