[sdiy] Aaron's updated datasheet and ap note archive

James Patchell patchell at cox.net
Tue Jan 3 20:43:36 CET 2006

The crossover distortion can easily be solved...if need be...by tying a 10K
resistor from the output to the negative supply rail (for +/- 15 volt
supplies)...sort of a hassle...but it is a solution if you must get rid of
it and want to use the LM324.  Even in single supply mode, you will still
get the crossover notch at the VCC/2 point.

>LM324, 358 'may' run on a bipolar supply but not recommended.
>There is crossover distortion if you do (input level independant, at
>the zero cross). I'd list these as "single supply" preferred.
>

>H^) harry
>
>HA.Synth at t-online.de wrote:
>>May be you want to look at TL05x instead of TL07x, TL08x.
>>
>>HA
>>

>>Am Montag 02 Januar 2006 08:34 schrieb Aaron Lanterman:
>> > I originally put this together for my student's (and my) use, but I'm sure
>> > others will find it useful as well:
>> >
>> > http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~lanterma/sdiy/datasheets/
>> >
>> > (Jim, you'll see why I asked that question)
>> >
>> > Are all my op amp bases covered? I have LM324/LM358 for single supply CV
>> > (is there a single version?), TL07x/TL08x for audio, NE553x for super
>> > duper audio... To design synths, are there any other op amp types a
>> > designer should be sure to have on hand?
>> >
>> > When can one get away with a TL08x instead of a TL07x - or to just phrase
>> > the question another way, when is it not worth replacing a TL08x with a
>> > TL007x?
>> >
>> > - Aaron

>> >--
>> >
>> > Dr. Aaron Lanterman, Asst. Prof. Voice: 404-385-2548
>> > School of Electrical and Comp. Eng. Fax: 404-894-8363
>> > Georgia Institute of Technology E-mail: lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
>> > Mail Code 0250 Web:
>> > users.ece.gatech.edu/~lanterma Atlanta, GA 30332
>> > Office: GCATT 334B

         -Jim
http://www.oldcrows.net/~patchell