[sdiy] simmons sds800

gregory zifcak zifcak at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 20:20:58 CEST 2004

hi,

the decay envelopes in my sds800 behave differently than other synths i
have. they are generated by a fairly standard looking circuit, using a
section of a tl084. the strange thing is, at shorter decay times, the
initial peak of the envelope is lower. as the decay time is increased, peak
voltage increases. any ideas as to what might cause this? i'd really like to
alter the circuit to have a uniform peak level over the range of the decay,
as it makes it easier to adjust sounds without having to constantly
compensate for differences in volume etc. i have scans of the schematic if
anyone would like to take a look. i wondered if it might be the response of
the cem, but my akai ax73 also uses the 3394 and doesn't act like this.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
greg