[sdiy] Single rail quad op-amp recommendations

harry harrybissell at prodigy.net
Thu May 10 05:41:12 CEST 2001

<archie bunker mode on...>

BIGOTS ???  now who would you be talkin' about?... huh, Meathead...  Y'get yer
hippy dippy little 324 opamp and put it where the sun don't shine if you
KNOW what I mean....    ;^)

Seriously (I resemble that remark)....  The LM324 is a good single supply
opamp... for control voltages where precision (low offset etc) is not a big issue.

It has asymmetrical drive capacity... so don't REALLY load it heavy.  Use it in
an ASDR and you might find that attack and decay times are not equal when they
should be...

And it lacks the bandwidth for good audio.

But for what it is... its a useful little opamp. I HAVE even chosen it for
professional
use (in a current loop monitor... not a synth.)

<bunker mode off>

H^) harry