Spring Line Hum

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gte.net
Tue Jul 18 01:46:46 CEST 2000

>Oh, now that's a very nice tip Don.  I'll have to give that a try on mine
>and see how I like it (and see if it has any noticeable effect on the hum
>level).
>
>Larry

I built a a pair of Hot Springs with four Accutronics tanks from a
surplus dealer. They're definitely not matched so the effect is not
perfect, but it does sound a lot better than ordinary springs. And
they do still hum, probably because of the already-mentioned lack of
complete shielding (another one of those "someday" projects). I tried
swapping them around but never could get completely rid of it.

Larry Fast (Synergy) always swore by the Hot Springs...

--
Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"