Fw: Fw: RATHER IMPORTANT ADMIN MESSAGE

Rick Jansen rja at euronet.nl
Mon Jul 10 11:23:54 CEST 2000

Still more reasons the message sent by mirwin1 at istar.ca did not reach the list:

majordomo will filter messages sent to a list for common mistakes, like
s*bscribe, h*lp, uns*bscribe etc etc. If you send a message with the subject
"h*lp" to a mailing list it will be bounced to the list maintainer for
processing, see below.  If you'd know how many admin messages there are
in a day you'll forgive me I had not spotted this one yet.

Mike Irwin's message below was bounced due to the "Help!" in the subject, but
would otherwise have been bounced due to the size, probably.

I don't remember any direct messages about these problems. I'd welcome direct
messages when there are difficulties. I'm not on synth-diy with a
high profile, or begging for "thank you's" all the time for running the list,
I'm running it because synthesizer DIY has my heart, I can do it, and it is a
way to contribute to this community. I don't think I've been "unresponsive",
I simply cannot read each and every message. Best is to email me directly
in case of real trouble. Finding discussions on synth-diy about the service
level of the list, or even moving it to another location *do* hurt.

Rick Jansen