Modular in action...

patchell patchell at silcom.com
Tue Jul 11 02:51:19 CEST 2000

Tony Allgood wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have succumbed to the lure of mp3s and dumped two of my more recent
> tracks up on the site at: www.mp3.com/taklamakan You can hear my new
> modular system on the new re-mixed 'Drumlin-2' playing the arpegiated
> riff doodah. All the other analogue stuff is all homebrew as well, while
> the digital stuff is MC303(drums only), D50, TX7 and D-110. I may put
> some more stuff over this week too if I get the time.
>
> BTW: we may have moaned about op-amps doing things to audio quality...
> but comparing the mp3s to the wav original is really quite terrifying.

    Sounds fantastic Tony.  I will have to burn that on a CD so I can take a
listen on my hi-fi.  Even on the cheap little computer speakers I have it
was pretty cool.  If the mp3 conversion really ruined the sound, I will have
to hear the original .wav, which brings up a question I have always wondered
about mp3.com.

    When you purchase the CD through them, do you just get reconstituted
mp3's, or are those made from the original .wav file?  I would think it
would be selling wine that was made from wine concentrate......yuk!

    Anyway, good work.

> Regards,
>
> Tony Allgood  Penrith, Cumbria, UK
>
> TB3030 iss.2  boards due in next month