CA3046 VCA

jorgen.bergfors at idg.se jorgen.bergfors at idg.se
Mon Sep 14 08:16:06 CEST 1998

Hi Chris

I finally got some CA3046s and tried the circuit with them. It turns out the
offset / CV bleed through is *a lot* less with that, than with the 3086. I
still recommend adding the trimmer, but I suppose for some applications it
might not be necessary. Anyway, if you use a CA3046, reduce the trimmer to 1k
(instead of 10k). That's more than enough, whereas the 3086 needed 10k (I tried
5k, it wasn't enough). Apart for this, the performance is the same with the two
chips.

/Jorgen

PC:chrisc at zetnet.co.uk on 98-09-12 02.13.58