Digital or analogue multimeter?

Gronda Andrea gronda_a at starnova.it
Thu May 28 20:32:54 CEST 1998

I'm going to buy a tester/multimeter to symple occasional checking
pourpose around my synths.
The first task is, for example, to check some diodes,transistors,fet,and
operationals in my CS-15' EG circuitry.
I 've noticed that digital (lcd dysplay) multimeters are more cheaper
and commonly available than old fashioned analogues, otherwise I was
told that the digital ones are less suitable for audio signals, beacause
the misured values are often unreadable.
In your opinion, for my pourpouse, should I go for a cheap digital or an
analogue multimeter?
Thanks in advance.
Andrea