clock divider

Ken Stone sasami at blaze.net.au
Fri May 22 01:34:18 CEST 1998

Use a single 4017 set so it divides by three (output 3 wired to reset). Use
a 4024 with its clock connected to output 0 of the 4017 to give 1/4,1/2 and
1/1 pulses (Q0,Q1&Q2). Your 1/8 output will be the signal you are feeding
into the clock of the 4024 and will have 1/3 duty cycle, and all others will
be square waves.

I haven't tested this in this application of course, but have often used
this circuit in other instances. Also note that I refer to the divider stage
outputs, NOT to the pin numbers of the chips.

                Ken Stone  sasami at blaze.net.au
                   ** Catgirl Paradise **
               <http://www.anime.net/~kens/>
         ** Australian Miniature Horses and ponies **
             <http://www.blaze.net.au/~sasami/>