Harmonics question

Jim Johnson jamos at technotoys.com
Tue May 19 23:36:12 CEST 1998

A square wave is made up of all odd harmonics - 3, 5, 7, etc, in amplitude
ratios of 1/n. In other words, the 3rd harmonic has 1/3 the amplitude of
the fundamental, etc. The triangle is similar, but I think the amplitude
ratio is 1/n squared.

Since there are no even harmonics, there are no octaves present in the
square wave.

Jim Johnson
Metaphoric Software
Makers of Techno Toys