VCOs & Tempco

Paul Schreiber synth1 at airmail.net
Wed May 13 09:15:01 CEST 1998

Yes, you need about 18 bits for an 'all digital' exponential converter. The DACs
that are up in this bit range are for CD players (same as ADCs) that
are all serial in/serial out. Also, since they are designed for 44.1Khz sample
rates (or 32Khz or 48Khz), the 'static' nature of control voltages will be an issue.

I will try to get a couple 100 tempcos to stock. Need them for the Moog filter
module anyway (based on my MG-1 design, a 3046 expo and the tempco).

Paul Schreiber
Synthesis Technology