max038 wav gen

Kyle Jarger jkjelec at tiac.net
Wed May 6 01:33:43 CEST 1998

"george & lorraine" <LEG at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Dead right Martin.Having trawled through maxim data sheet first smack in
> the eye is 350:1 freq: range.On the matter of vc modulation (bear with
> me,my electronics is keen but very amatuer!) it appears the duty cycle
> variation, controlling pwm,sawtooth generation,freq: modulation and sweep
> are all achieved by a + - 2.3v control signal on pins 7,8 (internal
> osc:current generator) .For all that i think i will give this one a miss

Yeah, I checked out the data sheet today, too.

For a second there I got a rush when I saw all the waves offered,
and words like "modulation".
Then I saw the 1 Hz to 20 MHz!! frequency range. Uh Oh.

Next, as bad went to worse, I saw the 350 to 1 range.
Alright, so I'll have a "range" rotary switch to switch in different
caps for different ranges. EHHHHHHT!  (classsic "wrong" buzzer
sound)...There's no linearity spec, that I could find, anyway.
I guess it would be cool if at least the 1 to 20 MHz was instead
0.001Hz to 20 KHz, so you could have used it as a VCLFO.
And to top it all off, it's probably really expensive.   :   (

Regards,
Kyle Jarger
jkjelec at tiac.net
JKJ Electronics