Total Beginner

jorgen.bergfors at idg.se jorgen.bergfors at idg.se
Mon May 4 16:27:47 CEST 1998

I recieved Barry Klein's book last week.
It is true that about half of the circuits use special ICs that may no longer
be available. But there also are circuits using standard components. The only
serious omission is that there is no Moog style transistor ladder filter. It
isn't even mentioned in the text.
The real value for a beginner isn't the schematics though. It's the explanation
of the theory behind the different building blocks (VCO, VCA, VCF etc). For
that reason the book is excellent reading for anyone who want to understand
analog synth technology. If you are new to analog synths and eventually want to
build your own, I think the book is the best place to start.

/Jorgen

MIME:pfperry at melbpc.org.au on 98-05-04 14.50.56