data books

Tony Clark clark at andrews.edu
Mon May 4 15:19:39 CEST 1998

> I guess that is why I came in this morning and found that someone who was
> cleaning out their bookshelf had left me some data books that were no longer
> needed.
> eg, National Semiconductor 1982 linear databook.
>
> Are books of this vintage worth keeping?

   Definately!  Sometimes you may run across chips that have been out of
production for years.  And the only way to identify them and dare I say
_use_ them is to have the data books!  One thing to remember though,
often times, what you find in one year's book will be in the next 8
books.  Chip lines really don't change too frequently.
   And really, the best databooks are the ones for companies that don't
exist anymore.  Old PMI databooks are a good example of this.  At work I
keep a whole bunch of old databooks around.  Good reading if nothing
else.

   Tony

I can't drive (my Moog) 55!         |     The E-Music DIY Archive