banana republic

Eric at Svetlana Electron Devices svetengr at earthlink.net
Sat May 2 00:36:11 CEST 1998

At 04:31 PM 5/1/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> This sounds like hogwash to me. Does a smaller banana connector exist, and
>> if so, did any major synth companies uses them? I have no experience with
>> Moog, but I thought they used 1/4" jacks.
>   I have seen something like this around the Physics dept. here.  It's
>just like multi-meter probes, just a thick pointed wire.  The jack end is
>the same "physical" size of regular bananna jacks, but the socket is
>smaller.  Don't know if this is what you may be referring to though.

You are referring to pin jacks--totally different.

I have seen these mini-bananas. They are made by Pomona, first came
out in the 1960s. Their web site still lists a couple dozen assorted
plugs, jacks, mini-binding posts and related hardware.

http://www.ittpomona.com/html/banana.html

They are really cute---exact baby replicas of regular banana plugs,
only about 40% the size. I'm pretty sure Moog never used them--too
expensive!
(Yes, they can be stacked.)

Eric Barbour
Svetlana Electron Devices