diode switching

Merlin Zener merlin at ion.com.au
Fri May 1 06:18:58 CEST 1998

meo wrote:

> Anyone know the details on diode switching? I have an old ww2 era b1
> bomber communications rack that appears to use diode switching in the
> audio range to switch 25 inputs and outputs to transmit or recieve via
> 3-way toggles. I always wanted to do this but couldn't find info. Any
> one with experience?                Michael reslabs at airmail.net

A lot of the early home organs used diode switching - ones
that I know of included Elka, and the first few Hammonds that
actually had solid state instead of valves...
I know it's not much, but it might provide a lead on tracking
down a circuit or two.

Merlin Zener                            mailto:merlin at ion.com.au
Piano and Synthesizer               voice: (+61) (0) 418 779 594
Gold Coast, Australia              http://www.ion.com.au/~merlin

"No-one ever went blind from looking on the bright side of life"