VCO idea

PapaJ59871 at aol.com PapaJ59871 at aol.com
Fri Jul 31 11:19:23 CEST 1998

In a message dated 98-07-31 03:25:01 EDT, martin.czech at intermetall.de writes:

<< toyed arround a lot with hand
 made waves and wavetables for the Waldorf Microwave I (No, I won't swap
 it against a Microwave II or XT) and came to the conclusion that in a
 lot of cases the results are not very exciting, >>

Any static waveform, no matter how complex, will ultimately sound like an
organ. It's animation and modulation that make them interesting. If the
voltage controlled segment part of the original post was implemented it would
probably be pretty cool but the basic ramp, triangle, sine and pulse pretty
much cover all the bases otherwise. It's when you start changing these over
time, either with filters or by modulating the pulse width for example, that
things get interesting.

-JS