another (US) Schaeffer-Apparatebau report

Andrew Schrock aschrock at cs.brandeis.edu
Wed Jul 29 09:05:08 CEST 1998

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Jim Johnson wrote:
> Designer? I've fiddled with it a bit, but not too seriously, because I
> don't have time to dive into a project right now. I'd like to get a sense
> of what's possible with it. (I'd like to do things like replace the fonts,
> add graphics, radial lines for the knobs, etc., but I can't see how to do
> these things in the version I've got.)

Well, you sorta can't do the things you mention as far as I know. As for
radial lines and graphics, I have no need for them... I guess a logo might
be spiffy, but I don't really need it. Lines for the dials would also be
nice, but IMO with single-turn knobs there's not too much of a need.. There
has to be a way to do this sort of thing, you should just call or email
them if you're really interested.

Kai tells me that they now have facilities for charging via VISA and
(soon) Mastercard! This makes them much more convenient to us US folks, as
it's a pain to shell out $30 for the wire transfer payment. (shipping is
50 DM, which isn't too bad at all)

Andrew

| Andrew Schrock							|
| Network Programmer, Synthesizer and electronic music enthusiast	|
| aschrock at cs.brandeis.edu						|