PWM schematic

cmacdon at ix.netcom.com cmacdon at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 26 09:21:39 CEST 1998

Hi,

If anyone is interested, I have put a schematic for a pulse
converter/PWM circuit at http://www.evenfall.com/diy/pwm.html

It's pretty simple, using a 4093 NAND and an omp amp.  I just finished
breadboarding it and it seems to work okay (on a scope and audibly).
It's possible to make four of them out of just the two chips, which I
plan to do since none of my oscillators have a pulse out!

I tried the PWM circuit posted on music machines:

http://www.hyperreal.org/music/machines/categories/do-it-yourself/schematics/pulsewdith.circuit

and it worked okay but I wasn't able to get really narrow pulses out of
it, so I looked inside a Serge comparator for some inspiration and came
up with the schematic above.  :)

-Chris MacDonald