AW: original and ingenious circuits ... (was: in How the heck doe s the MS-50 filter WORK?)

Haible Juergen Juergen.Haible at nbgm.siemens.de
Thu Jul 23 12:18:55 CEST 1998

	[great description of Eventide omitted]

	>The LFO in the EH SmallStone is a nice one as well, it is based
around
	>one CA3094. Hell, I like the rest of the SmallStone as well, I just
	>lack a few features...

Very nice circuit. I remember that Don has mentioned the direct exponential
voltage control of 3080's a long time ago, and while it was clear to me that

it could work in theory, I hesitated to consider it practically useful ...
until I saw the Small Stone schemos.
As fas as I understood it, the Iabc inputs of the all pass otas are driven
by
a *voltage*, while the trigger thresholds of the hysteretic switch are
sensing
the according *current*. So the modulation depth is temperature
compensated. Very nice indeed.

JH.