motorised pots -Reply

Jeremy Brookes jezz at enterprise.net
Tue Jul 21 16:46:20 CEST 1998

>Suggestion: How about the little servos that are
>used by Radio Control hobbyists? ~US$30 each...
>they are quite strong and I think all the feedback
>controls are self contained.

Good idea. These need just three wires, +5V, 0V and a control signal which
is a PWM signal. I used to have the figures on what the PRF and pulse width
should be. Downside to them is that you would have to disable the drive to
them once you reached position and even then they would still be quite
stiff to move due to the gearing in them.

mailto:jezz at enterprise.net
http://homepages.enterprise.net/jezz/