Random LFO...

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Sun Jul 19 16:05:57 CEST 1998

At 01:18 PM 19/07/98 +0200, Johan Persson  wrote:
>A white noise generator signal is sent through a sample & hold circuit
>which is triggered by a pulse LFO... or even by a gate signal. This
>should make a random LFO. Has anyone ever made this before?

I think the very early Oberheim stand-alone filter had this..
but, what I havn't seen in an effect unit, is an lfo which has the
pulse length randomly variable.....
although I suppose there might be a poisson distribution trigger pulse
generator in the serge or buchla modules somewhere.....

paul perry melbounre austral;ia