Can a diode/transistor ladder filter be run from a single-ended power supply?

R.G. Keen keen at austin.ibm.com
Wed Jul 15 16:41:03 CEST 1998

> ... that can be run off of a single ended power supply
>(in this case, a 9V battery).  I just like 9V batteries, OK?

I forgot to mention - I've successfully run a Mutron III clone on a 2"
by 3" PCB from a single 9V battery and a 7660 charge pumped voltage
converter. I was worried that I'd get intractable 10KHz whine from
the converter, but by separating the power ground from the battery
and the analog ground and some judicious filtering, there isn't any
whine audible in the audio (!?! don'cha love knarled English?).

You could probably make a diode filter ladder run just fine that
way. Certainly enough volts there.