AW: question about audio OP amp

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Fri Jul 10 16:24:35 CEST 1998

At 01:04 PM 10/07/98 +0200, JH wrote:

>Never heard of anyone who did a real A/B comparison and said
>he liked the 741 better, so this is most probably just a myth.

There is endless discussion on the ampage guitar fx diy bulletin board
about different sounding chips in fuzz units (these are the same # chip,
different manufacturers and dates). I don't doubt there ARE differences
when chips are used 'out of design range'.
And I've seen ckts that depended on the relatively slow slew rate of 741s
to work.. but I don't think this is one of them.

paul perry melbourne australia