ASM1 cap

Magnus Danielson magnus at analogue.org
Thu Jul 2 03:50:30 CEST 1998

 GM> helo every body.
 GM> i'm starting thees days to colecte the parts
 GM> needed for my ASM'S pcb's to come.
 GM> my ferst ASM i build have some leaking and GND problems ,i think
 GM> it may be because of bad cap in the vco's ,lfo.....
 GM> so i would like to ask you guys
 GM> what kind of cap are recomended for use in the
 GM> folwing moduls (not bypass cap):
 GM> NOISE
 GM> LFO
 GM> VCA
 GM> ADSR
 GM> VCF
 GM> allso any other importenet info on how to make the ASM1
 GM> as professunal as can be is welcome ?

I used polypropylene for all caps except where I could not get
it. Lowleakage and low dielectric absorbtion (go read Bob Peace's article!).

I used MAT-02s and I used 20-turn trimmers all over. I used 1% resistors.

I cleaned the PCB thoroughly after soldering to avoid leackage on the
PCB.

I used silver mixed tin.

As allways handle all semiconductors with care as regarding to ESD
troubles, this also accounts for the stuffed PCB.

Care in craftmansship will also be important.

PS. I have noticed that the VCOs will generate a burst as the reset
period ends, an cap right over the LM311 should maybe cure it
somewhat.

Cheers,
Magnus