MOTM quick update

Paul Schreiber synth1 at airmail.net
Mon Feb 23 21:43:16 CET 1998

The power supply and Noise/S&H pc boards are out to fab. The sheet metal (this is new to me, but I am using
the #1 shop in Dallas and they catch all my screw-ups) will be signed-off tomorrow. So, in about 2 weeks the
boards and sheet metal come back. Then it will take me about 10 days to paint/silkscreen the panels and
put all the parts into little plastic bags (oh the joy of that!!).

This puts "zero hour" at the week of March 16. I will begin to accept orders and subscriptions on March 10.
Of course, you are not billed until the kits actually ship.

I'm sorry this is taking a little longer, but the wait will be worth it! I redesigned the Noise/S&H pc board all over
again for better performance (added a FULL ground plane), and I added a 20ga. steel bracket to support the
pc board. I upgraded the wiring harness to 18ga. wire. This thing is built like a tank.

I breadboarded the Thomas Henry/Schreiber ring mod today (uses the CEM3330) and it works as good as any
I've ever seen. To get the 100% top performance, you will need a scope to set the X&Y nulls, but even with a
$49 DVM you should get good results. The OP275 opamps had clean edges, with only 3% overshoot up to 30Khz
swinging 10Vpk-pk. Zowie!

For the next 10 days, I am finishing up my 5 year, non-synth DSP emulator project so I will be 'laying low'. I
will also try to get the ring mod pcb started: it will probably be about 2-3 weeks behind the initial 2 kits.

Lastly, if you want a PDF 3.0 file of the silkscreen of the Noise/S&H pc board to admire my worderful talents
(<grin>), send me an email and I'll attach it. About 18K. It's a 1:1 plot, so you can see the actual size. All
of the pc boards will be the same size: 5.475" X 4.250". Some are packed solid, some are 1/4 full. But it
turns out the price doesn't matter unless I order 500+ boards, so until it get to that point........

Paul Schreiber
Synthesis Technology