Power Supply help!

media at mail1.nai.net media at mail1.nai.net
Wed Feb 18 03:42:34 CET 1998

At 7:07 PM -0600 02/16/98, mymoog at ix.netcom.com wrote:
>I hope the diagram comes out OK. I am wondering if the PS design is going
>to be stable enough for the ASM1?
>
>                                              1         2
>        |------|||         IN     +   |--|---|---|-------|--|----> out+
>        |PRI  []|||--------|-------|--|  |   |   | 7815  |  |
>   _    |     []||[]       |       |    +-  +-   |       |  - C3
> -| |--- 120v []||[]SEC    |  B1   |   C1- C2-   |----|--|  -
> -|_|--- 60Hz []||[]       |       |     |   |      3 |     |
>        |     []|||--------|-------|--|  |   |        |     |

As far as I can tell, this design would be inadequate for an ASM-1 because
that would require a -/+ 15V supply -- this is only a +15V supply.  You
seem to just labeled the ground "-" (which would be the same for a
single-sided supply).

What I think you want is a supply with +15, -15 and ground.  For this you
need two regulators, in this case a 7815 and a 7915.  79xx regulators are
the 78xx equivalents for negative voltages.

PEACE OUT :)
MARK