mamundso at mr.net
Fri Feb 13 03:15:44 CET 1998
Henri Kovalainen wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Mark Amundson wrote:
> > P.S. I am considering submitting a quad noise gate diy project suitable
> > for live or synth percussion.
>Please do so, unless it uses CLM6000s =)
The plan for the quad gate is not fully formed yet and spec's are open
1. Use the Analog Devices SSM2120 dual log detector/VCA chip for the
2. Include a standard three LED "stoplight" gate status indication.
3. Include 30mV signal present and 5V signal limit input level LED's.
4. Stay with unbalanced input/outputs suitable for mixer insert patching
5. One unit rack construction with integral toroidal power supply to
avoid wall warts. Use Jameco's black anodized aluminum enclosures for
6. May consider a "Drawmer-like" sweepable bandpass filter for tuneable
triggering of the gates.
7. Emphasize usage of dual op-amp sockets to allow builders to purchase
the quality of op-amp audio performance desired. (i.e. TL072's or
OP275's or BB2604's)
More information about the Synth-diy