[Fwd: AW: The merlin project. Update and tip.]

Merlin Zener merlin at ion.com.au
Thu Feb 12 19:17:10 CET 1998

The Dark force of dance wrote:
> [...snip]
> Unless you're really stuck for a resistor value, you should chose a value
> that is as close as possible to the ideal value but less than it. Thus you
> onlyneed to file a little bit to bring it up to the target value.
> [...snip]

Another alternative, if you have board space is to combine
two or more higher value resistors to come *down* to the value
you want. I once ran up a simple Excel spreadsheet so you could
just type in the value(s) you had, the value you wanted, and it
would come up with the value you needed, combinations up to
4 resistors.
Anyone wants it, let me know - I could probably still find it,
or work it out again...

Merlin Zener                            mailto:merlin at ion.com.au
Piano and Synthesizer               voice: (+61) (0) 418 779 594
Gold Coast, Australia              http://www.ion.com.au/~merlin

"No-one ever went blind from looking on the bright side of life"