OVERRIDING M.I.D.I.

Colin Fraser colinf at ei.csg.mot.com
Wed Jan 29 12:24:05 CET 1997

Sorry to disagree with your first post, but I find the raw
speed/slowness of MIDI a real pain.
At 31.25 kBaud, a 3 byte midi message takes 0.96ms.
I find that as few as 8 simultaneous note-ons on different channels will
cause a long enough delay to be perceptible.

As a solution, I intend to add a Centronics parallel interface to my
midi-cv convertor.
Once I work out how a parallel port midi interface works on a PC, I will
modify my convertor to appear to the PC as such a device, and hopefully
improve the timing no end.

Cf