OVERRIDING M.I.D.I.

Synthaholic AKA sPEW chordman at concentric.net
Wed Jan 29 06:15:30 CET 1997

On Tue, 28 Jan 97 22:30:52 -0500, you wrote:

Is this the 'trinary' system in which there are 3 possible values per
bit cell instead of only 2 as in binary?  (+1, 0, -1)  If I remember
correctly, it was designed to allow downward compatibility with the
MIDI spec.  I haven't heard of any instruments produced under this
spec.

>There is (was?) a proposal for a faster MIDI replacement called ZIPI.
>Anyone know what happened to this?
>
>Arnim

- Scott Gravenhorst (Synthaholic)     www.concentric.net/~chordman

Programming: The Ultimate Computer Game. | Windows 95: The Ultimate
Unfortunately, you never win.            |      Pain in the Butt

"I didn't do it."
   -- Bart Simpson