NC Controlled PCB Drill Project

Tomy Hudson wizrad at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 24 21:10:13 CET 1997

Has anyone seen this months "Electronics Now?" They have a project
to build an NC PCB drill. It has two stepper motors connected to
the parallel port of a PC. The really dumb part is that it only
positions the drill for each hole, you still have to stand there
and press the spring-loaded drill into the circuit board. If I'm going
to go to the trouble of building something to automate PCB drilling
I think I would have added the Z-axis for completely hands-off
operation.

Tomy