AW[n]: Re[2]: LF411 Op-Amp dilemma

brad sanders radioactive at geocities.com
Fri Jan 24 08:25:58 CET 1997

>What exactly do you mean by "feedforward"? I only know about
>the common technique of using the miller effect on a cap
>between the b and c of a transistor in some gain stage of
>an opamp. Do you mean *this* being crap audio, or are you
>speaking of something else? And how's the compensation
>done in the "better" opamps?

"Feedfoward compensation" is a means of "artificially" increasing the
slew rate of a stage via differentiation. It's basically positive
feedback, and it creates instabilities which MUST be compensated for
via negative feedback. Once upon a time this was pretty widespread in
vacuum tube circuits, but it's rarely even used there anymore.