midi joystick . . .

Mark Pulver mpulver at wwa.com
Thu Jan 23 14:53:07 CET 1997

>i use a peavey pc1600 midi fader box as a midi joystick interface - it has
>2 CV inputs, perfect for an x,y pair.  i can make the sticks send out
>whatever i want - continuous control, sysex, plain hex, whatever.  it's a
>cool box, a bit expensive $300US new, but it's a great interface.

And Mark sits and says ... "DUH!"... I have a PC-1600... It's pretty
dedicated to a task right now; but... hmmm...

>something else i've looked into is single board computers from newmicros
>(http://www.newmicros.com) - there's an easy mod to make it do midi instead
>of regular serial port transmission.  it has 8 ADC's and a bunch of TTL
>input/outputs.  all for about $70US.

Now *THIS* looks cool!

I've always wanted to get into this stuff, but I don't have the know how to
deal with the hardware interfacing. I can program the begeezuhs out of the
box (even in FORTH <g>) but to get it to talk to the outside is no longer
my gig.

It used to be... many moons ago in the days of CP/M...

>anyway, just thought i'd let you know about some of the ideas i've been
>working with.

Thanks Sir!