Replacement parts (ASM-1 related)

Christopher_List at Sonymusic.Com Christopher_List at Sonymusic.Com
Wed Jan 22 21:39:33 CET 1997

>>    According to my contact at Newark Electronics, the 2N4856 is a
>> discontinued part.  However, there are replacement parts that can be
>> substituted for this, the NTE466 or ECG466.  Has anyone tried these?
>
> I've used NTE466 for my ASM-1:s and it works excellent.
> I even think Gene suggested these at some occassion...

I'll second this.
The NTE466 does work very well - and, because it's NTE you can usually find
it in local electronics shops.

The stinky thing is the price - over $2 a piece (both from Mouser and
locally)!

The tab on the can goes towards the top edge of the PCB. The pins line up
with the holes....

- CList