Crumar Performer: manual/schems and SSM2050 info needed

Daniel Oberfeld OBERFELD at zes.uni-bremen.de
Tue Jan 21 17:07:36 CET 1997

Fellow EM-fanatics,
I bought a Crumar Performer string and bass machine two weeks ago and
I love it! You can do some nice analogue stringsounds as well as some
funky resonant bass sounds - this beast sports a SSM2040 (to some
this might seem like some kind of waste..).

Unfortunately, two problems ocurred:

The three way chorusing/delay(?), based on three TCA350 chips doesn't
seem to work.

And worse: after a weekend away from playing, suddenly the decay
portion of the brass-section's AD-generator doesn't work either!!
I get normal attack times, but just no decay, which makes the sound
practically impossible to use.

So, is there any kind soul out there who could provide a service
manual or at least a schematic?
The ill-fated envelope generator uses a SSM 2050, would someone be
willing to sell me this part? Also it would be helpful to get some
information on the SSM2050, at least a pinout, maybe I could figure
out something that way!

Anyway, thanks in advance for all input!!!
I could swap the manual for some 303/808/909 service manuals
if you like.

Regards,
Daniel Oberfeld