Scanning

chrisc at metrics.co.uk chrisc at metrics.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 11:07:08 CET 1997

Hi guys,
I finished the scanning and OCR part of the Penfold book this morning, and
did some basic spell checking too. Now that I've got a system for it the OCR
part seems to be pretty good. It is important to use a high resolution when
scanning, and therefore to delete TIF's as you go along to avoid using too
much HD space. I hope to finish the spell-check, concentrating on parts
lists etc this evening, along with the scanning of the diagrams and a bulk
conversion for the diags from TIF to GIF. Predicted size of the whole thing
is about 1.2Mb. That's not too disastrous as an FTP file, if you chose a
quiet time of night to make the transfer. I need an adress from Per as to
where to send the discs. Without the OCR I reckon it would have been closer
to 5Mb. I've also got the EM&M drum synth articles of various discriptions
and the Korg MS series and Kawai S100P diagrams. What do people want next,
TR808, 909, TB303, Moog Rogue, Moog15/35/55, Digisound Project 80 modules
(the ones that can still be done like the S+H and the Voltage Processor) or
System 100M ? the System 100M won't come out too well, my copies not very
good.
BTW, the ink I'm using on the front panels is acrylic, whoever was
asking......
chrisc