slider

Saul Stokes n9540283 at gonzo.cc.wwu.edu
Sat Jan 18 08:53:12 CET 1997

Hi, quick question for a night hawk out there.  I'm building a slider
control for my Lexicon Vortex.  According to the diagram in the manual a
stereo cord should be hooked up to a 50k pot as follows:

                     I  I  I
Front view      sleeve tip ring

The question is that I'm hooking it to a slider instead.  The pin out on
the slider shows:

             2                        2
               1                    3

Could anyone tell me where the sleeve, tip, and ring would
correspond on the slider? Is the red coated wire in the stereo cord the
TIP?  Is the black the RING? And the SLEEVE the uncoated
ground wire? I've tried every combination with no luck!

Thanks so much,

Saul
www.hypnos.com/stokes.htm