2600 repair suggestions needed

brad sanders radioactive at geocities.com
Thu Jan 16 19:04:28 CET 1997

>>The LF411 (and the dual version the 412) is a full production National
>>Semiconductor part. It's carried by Mouser, DigiKey, Jameco, etc, but may
>>NOT be carried by your local folks just cause it's cheaper for them to
>>stock the junk 741's.

>Mouser has instrument grade OP-O7s for US$0.96 (I think) - I'd go for those,
>they've got better noise specs (I've got this thing about paying more than
>$1 for an opamp).  I wonder why the cost of 411/412's went up so much????

But isn't this for use in a 2600 S/H? Aren't the LF series FET input,
low bias current devices? Both these are crucial to good S/H tracking.

If the application is for a S/H unit, I'd make sure to keep it to a
good low input current, low offset FET input amp. Even an LF353 or a
TL082 wouldn't be that hot in this app. However, you could probably
still do better than an LF411.