2600 repair suggestions needed

Mark Pulver mpulver at wwa.com
Thu Jan 16 10:24:59 CET 1997

>Alright, sounds good.  I'll try this then.  How about someone suggest how
>many I should order to cover replacing all of the 2600's op-amps.  I don't
>really have time to rip the _whole_ thing apart to find out.  Would someone
>know how many I should order, off hand?

Oh, sorry... I forgot to go down that path... JDM had told me:

Ballpark - I'd guess more than 10 and less than 20.  I think there may be
a couple of dual opamps in the output section (LF412), and there's a
canned 301 on the waveshaper board (which I didn't replace).  You can use
whatever opamp you can afford - I got a few OP07s in a surplus place for
cheap and used those in the output.  I can't detect any change in
character, just a big change in the noise floor.

It's always good to have a few quality opamps around, anyway.

You may want to buy a 1.5M metal film resistor to change the gain
structure of the reverb.  I think you need a 300k on the output, but that
doesn't have to be metal film.

Good luck!